Managing and Protecting your Money
BankRI understands how important managing and protecting your money is to you. Take a few moments to review the tips and helpful links designed to help you manage and secure your money.
Managing your Checking Account
Keeping on top of your checking account balance is the key to better money management. Here are a few ways to help you have more control over your money:
- Balance your checking account monthly.
- Sign up for free Online Banking to view real time account balances.
- Pay bills by using our free bill pay service. You control when the funds will come out from your account by selecting the date.
- Use Online Banking to set up Alerts that you can receive by email when your account reaches a certain balance.
Available Overdraft Protection Options
- Apply for an Overdraft line of credit. It is easy to apply at any one of our branch locations.
- Establish a Savings Overdraft plan that links your savings account to your checking account with a low $5.00 transfer fee or free with our Premium Account. Please note, you must opt into BankRI's Courtesy Overdraft Coverage for your Savings Overdraft plan to cover insufficient funds transactions caused by ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases.
- Sign up for BankRI's Courtesy Overdraft Coverage that will cover everyday transactions such as ATM withdrawals and one time debit card purchases at retail merchants up to $500 even when you don’t have sufficient funds in your account. This could be a tank of gas, a late night prescription for a child, or just some emergency cash. Without opting into Courtesy Overdraft Coverage, BankRI automatically declines ATM withdrawals and one time debit card purchases if there are insufficient funds in the account. If you opt in,when an overdraft occurs, these types of transactions will be allowed and you will be charged the standard overdraft/nsf fee of $35.00 per item limited to six per day.
Security and Soundness
- For additional security when using your Debit MasterCard® to make purchases online, BankRI offers you the MasterCard SecureCode™ program.