BankRI Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Q: Is Mobile Banking required for this service?
Q: What is Mobile Check Deposit?
A. It is a function of our Mobile Banking service that allows you to deposit checks via your mobile device.
Q: How do I sign up for Mobile Check Deposit?
First, you need to be a Mobile Banking user. (Learn more
about Mobile Banking.) You'll also need to download the latest version of our Mobile Banking App for your mobile device.
To sign up for Mobile Check Deposit you'll need to provide us with a small amount of information. You can sign up online
or call Customer Service at 1-866-422-6574
Q. What type of mobile device must I have to use Mobile Check Deposit?
A. All iPhone® and AndroidTM mobile devices as well as the Apple® iPad®.
Q: Is there a waiting period?
A: Only for new customers. If you have been a bank customer for more than 30 days, your account is in good standing, and you already use Online or Mobile Banking, there is no waiting period.
Q: What accounts are eligible?
A: You can make deposits to any BankRI Checking, Savings or Money Market Account that you have selected to view on Mobile Banking. To add or delete accounts from Mobile Banking, log in to Online Banking; select “User Options,” then “Mobile Banking.”
Q: Are there any fees for making Mobile Check Deposits?
Q: How do I make a Mobile Check Deposit?
A: It's easy. Just follow these steps:
- Endorse your check. Please include “For Deposit Only” under your endorsement.
- Press the “Deposit” button on the Mobile Banking Home page.
- Select “Deposit a Check.”
- Press “Check Front” to take a picture of the front of your check.
- Place your check on a brightly lit, plain, flat surface. Position the check so that all four corners fit within into the guides provided by the app.
- Take a picture of the front of the check.
- If the image is clear and meets all of the requirements, select “Use.” If not, select “Retake” and try again.
- After selecting “Use,” repeat the process for the back of the check.
- Enter the amount of the check you are depositing.
- Select the account to which you want the check deposited.
- Verify the details of your deposit: That the correct account is selected, the amount of the deposit is correct, and the thumbnail images of both the front and back of the check are displayed.
- Once you have verified that your deposit information is correct, select “Deposit” at the bottom of the screen. A confirmation will be displayed when your deposit has been received.
Q: What are the cut-off times for Mobile Check Deposits?
A. Mobile deposits confirmed as received before 7:00 p.m. ET on Monday through Friday (except Bank Holidays) will be considered deposited on that day. Deposits confirmed as received after 7:00 p.m. ET on Monday through Friday (except Bank Holidays) will be considered deposited on the next Business Day.
Q: When will funds be made available?
A: Funds from Mobile Deposit will generally be available on the first business day following the date of deposit.
Q: How long should I keep my original check once I have made a Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You should keep the original check for 30 days after depositing it. To avoid re-depositing it by mistake, consider writing "Mobile Deposit" on the front of the check as a reminder to yourself.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of checks I can deposit?
A: There is no limit to the number of checks that can be deposited, but only one check can be deposited per transaction, however you cannot exceed your daily and monthly deposit limits.
Q: What types of checks can I deposit with Mobile Check Deposit?
A: Checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn at any U.S. bank, including personal, business and government checks, are eligible as long as they are payable to and endorsed by the account holder.
Q: What types of checks are not allowed for Mobile Check Deposit?
A: International checks, U.S. savings bonds, U.S. postal money orders, remotely created checks, convenience checks (checks drawn against a line of credit) and cash are not available for Mobile Deposit.
Q: Why might I have been declined for using Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You must have one or more eligible checking or savings account(s) that have been open and in good standing for at least 30 days. If you have had any nonsufficient funds occurrences during a rolling 90 day period you will not be eligible to use this service. If, after a ninety day period you have not had any non sufficient funds occurrences you may re-apply.
Q: Why would my check be returned?
Poor image quality is the most common reason a check cannot be read. If you have deposited a check through Mobile Check Deposit that has been returned, please call us at 1-866-422-6574
Q: Why does my email deposit confirmation reference Central Time.
A: Our mobile banking processor is located in the central time zone, therefore your confirmation references Central Time. Please add an hour for Eastern Time.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.