Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Q: What is Mobile Check Deposit?
A. It is a fast, easy and secure way to deposit checks to your BankRI account using your mobile device.
Q: How do I sign up for Mobile Check Deposit?
A: First, you need to be an Online & Mobile Banking user and have downloaded our Mobile app. Once you've logged into Mobile Banking, choose the deposit account(s) you would like to enroll for this service and click submit. (Please allow up to two business days for enrollment to be complete.)
Q. What type of mobile device must I have to use Mobile Check Deposit?
A. All iPhone®, iPad® and AndroidTM mobile devices.*
Q: Is there a waiting period?
A: No, however activation could take up to two business days.
Q: What accounts are eligible?
A: You can make deposits to any BankRI Checking, Savings or Money Market Account that you have selected to view on Mobile Banking.
Q: Are there any fees for making Mobile Check Deposits?
Q: How do I make a Mobile Check Deposit?
A: It's easy. Just follow these steps:
- Endorse your check. Please include “For Mobile Deposit Only” under your signature.
- Select "Deposit checks" from the Menu or use the "Deposit" icon from your homepage dashboard.
- Select “Deposit a Check.”
- Enter the dollar amount of the check. Press Continue.
- Select the account you want the check deposited to.
- Place your check on a brightly lit, plain, flat surface. Position the check within the guides provided by the app.
- Take a picture of the front of the check by tapping the screen to capture the image.
- If the image is clear and meets all of the requirements, select “Continue.” If not, select “Retake” and try again.
- Repeat the process for the back of the check.
- Verify the details of your deposit: that the amount of the deposit is correct, the correct account is selected and thumbnail images of both the front and back of the check are displayed.
- Once you have verified that your deposit information is correct, select “Submit” at the bottom of the screen. Once complete, a confirmation will be displayed. You will then be sent an email once your deposit is received.
Q: What are the cut-off times for Mobile Check Deposits?
A. Mobile deposits confirmed as received before 7:00 p.m. ET on Monday through Friday (except Bank Holidays) will be considered deposited on that day. Deposits confirmed as received after 7:00 p.m. ET on Monday through Friday (except Bank Holidays) will be considered deposited on the next Business Day.
Q: When will funds be made available?
A: Funds from Mobile Deposit will generally be available on the first business day following the date of deposit.
Q: How long should I keep my original check once I have made a Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You should keep the original check for 30 days after depositing it. To avoid re-depositing it by mistake, consider writing "Mobile Deposit" on the front of the check as a reminder to yourself.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of checks I can deposit?
A: There is no limit to the number of checks that can be deposited, but only one check can be deposited per transaction, however you cannot exceed your daily and monthly deposit limits.
Q: What types of checks can I deposit with Mobile Check Deposit?
A: Checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn at any U.S. bank, including personal, business and government checks, are eligible as long as they are payable to and endorsed by the account holder.
Q: What types of checks are not allowed for Mobile Check Deposit?
A: International checks, U.S. savings bonds, U.S. postal money orders, remotely created checks, convenience checks (checks drawn against a line of credit) and checks made payable to "cash" are not available for Mobile Deposit.
Q: I just made a mobile check deposit. Why don't I see the deposit in my online history?
A: Mobile check deposits are posted after business hours and can be viewed online the business day following the deposit.
Q: Why might I have been declined for using Mobile Check Deposit?
A: You must have one or more eligible checking or savings account(s) that have been open and in good standing If you have had any nonsufficient funds occurrences during a rolling 90 day period you will not be eligible to use this service. If, after a ninety day period you have not had any non sufficient funds occurrences you may re-apply.
Q: Why would my check be returned?
A: Poor image quality is the most common reason a check cannot be read. If you have deposited a check through Mobile Check Deposit that has been returned, please call us at 1-866-422-6574.
Q: Why does my email deposit confirmation reference Central Time.
A: Our mobile banking processor is located in the central time zone, therefore your confirmation references Central Time. Please add an hour for Eastern Time.
*iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.