BankRI Courtesy Coverage
If you have ever written a check or attempted to make a purchase with your Debit Card when you did not have available funds in your account, you know the expense or embarrassment it can cause. To help you avoid these situations, BankRI offers qualified customers our Courtesy Coverage.
We generally notify customers by mail when they are qualified for this service. Check with us if you are not sure whether you received this notification.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money available in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account if you are qualified, called Courtesy Coverage.
2. We also offer several overdraft protection plans, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. You may use a savings, money market or another checking account to cover overdrafts. We also offer a line of credit that can protect your account. To learn more about these plans, visit one of our branch locations or contact our Customer Service Center at (866) 422-6574.
What Standard Overdraft Practices Are Available to Me?
With our Courtesy Coverage we may authorize and pay overdrafts, up to $500 (including overdraft fees), for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account
- Online banking bill payments
- Recurring electronic payments
We Will Not Authorize and Pay Overdrafts for the Following Types of Transactions Unless you "Opt In" below:
- One time Debit Card transactions
- ATM withdrawals
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What Fees Will I Be Charged If BankRI Pays My Overdrafts?
Under our standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Coverage):
We will charge you a fee of $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Courtesy Coverage.
For additional information, including fees and repayment obligations, please refer to our Bank Rhode Island Courtesy Coverage.
For more information, please contact Customer Service at (866) 422-6574.