Debit MasterCard® & SUMSM Program
Simplify your life with the easy-to-use Debit MasterCard®. Get cash at thousands of ATM locations wherever you see the SUMSM, PLUS®, NYCE® or CIRRUS® logos. Use your Debit MasterCard® to pay for purchases at millions of locations worldwide.
Check out the benefits of having a Debit MasterCard®:
- The money gets automatically debited from your Bank Rhode Island checking account when you use your card
- Purchases and withdrawals are recorded on your account statement
- Pay no annual or monthly fees
- Access up to $500 a day at the ATM, and spend up to $2,500 a day on debit purchases!
- You won’t incur any surcharges* when you use your card at any of the more than 2,100 SUMSM ATMs throughout New England
- No charge to use when you select the credit card option on the keypad instead of the ATM card option
Now, More Security When Making Online Purchases.
Get the comfort of added security when shopping online with your BankRI, Debit MasterCard® by simply registering your card with MasterCard SecureCode. Registering will provide you with a private code known only to you and the Bank that will protect you against unauthorized use of your card when shopping online at participating online retailers. Getting started is FREE and easy by clicking on the “Learn More” link below:
Surcharge* FREE ATM Access (SUMSM Program)
Some people pay a surcharge at the ATM. SUMSM don't.
Convenience means a lot when it comes to banking. That’s why we offer Bank Rhode Island Debit MasterCard® holders the freedom to use over 2,100 New England SUMSM ATM machines without incurring a surcharge*! And, with a Premium Checking account, you’ll get completely free transactions at all SUMSM ATMs, that means no surcharge and no BankRI fee.
For a complete list of SUMSM Program financial institutions and ATMs go to www.sum-atm.com.
* A surcharge is a fee charged by the owner of the ATM. Bank Rhode Island foreign ATM fees still apply to some types of accounts, even at SUMSM Program ATMs. The SUMSM Program is administered by the NYCE® Corporation. SUMSM is a registered service mark of the NYCE® Corporation.